Adding a Look-up Table for an Existing Custom Table
Occasionally, you will realize that a field in an existing custom table needs to be entered using a set of look-up values. To make this easier, create a drop-down list using a look-up table.
- Go to the Tables tab and create the lookup table.
Be sure to name the table in the following manner: tlkpCustomYourNameHere.
- Make sure you have a primary key in the table.
- Add values to the table.
- Modify the column in the main custom table to be a lookup pointing to your new table.
- Open tblInteractionModules and record the InteractModID for the Interaction. Now add a record to tblInteractionLookupTables . You will need to enter data in the following fields:
- LUKey - this is an autonumber field that will fill-in when you create a new record.
- TableName - enter the name of the table in this field.
- InteractModID - enter the ID number that you retrieved from tblInteractionModules.
- Close Metrix.adp and open interactsql.adp.
- Open the form containing the custom table, frmUseTblCustomYourNameHere.
Change the control on the form to that of a combo box and set the data properties so it pulls records from the look-up table that you just created.