Original author: Jose Versoza
Date created: January 10, 2005
Installing the MSDE Backend
If you haven't already, install MSDE 2000.
Restoring your backend database
- Save the backend data tables (that are stored as a .dat or similar file) to any folder on the computer on which you have installed MSDE 2000
- Open a command prompt (you can use Start ? Run ? "cmd")
- At the command prompt, type "osql -E". This will launch the osql command line (it will look like this: "1>"), where you can enter osql statements to control the MSDE 2000 installation. NOTE: If you have trouble getting the osql command prompt to load, restart the computer so the MSDE SQL Server starts properly.
- Now we want to restore your backend data tables onto the MSDE 2000 server. To do this, at the command prompt in osql, type: "RESTORE DATABASE METRIXV110 FROM DISK = '<file path>'. NOTE: if you are overwriting an existing database, please add "WITH REPLACE" to the above command, therefore you would enter: "RESTORE DATABASE METRIXV110 FROM DISK = '<file path>' WITH REPLACE".
- Type "exit" twice to get out of the command prompt window.