Connecting to the database
In order to connect to the database and use the shift bypass technique, you have to be a Metrix administrator or a system administrator. See About User Roles for more information.
- Open Metrix using the shift bypass technique.
- Log in.
- Choose the menu option "File:Connection" to open the Data Link Properties window.
Figure: Connecting to the database via the Data Link Properties dialog
- Type the name of the server on which the database is located in the Select or enter a server name: field or click the arrow button and select it from the list.
- Select the Use a specific user name and password: option and type your user name and password into the fields.
- Select the Select the database on the server: drop-down list and select the database from the list.
- Click the Test connection button.
- Click the OK button.
See Problem -- My Metrix Server installation fails during the configuration wizard for information for manually connecting the server files to the database.