In order to have Metrix running, all three of the Metrix components – Metrix.adp, interactsql.adp, reportsql.adp – need to be connected to the correct data source. These are instructions for connecting the two Metrix Server files - interactsql.adp and reportsql.adp - to the correct database.
Set the connection
- Open interactsql.adp on the Metrix server machine (installed by defualt in c:\Program Files\fcny\Metrix\Server).
- Choose the menu option "File...Connection."
- Click on the the drop-down list to select the server name where your METRIX installation exists (it will be: "<SERVERNAME>\METRIX").
- Enter your 'sa' password (see Default password for new Metrix installations).
- Click on the drop-down list to select the database name for your METRIX installation.
- Click "OK", and you've set the connection from the client to the server's database properly.
- Repeat these steps for reportsql.adp.