Metrix Version 1.5.0 introduces some new entities that rely on core interaction definitions that should not be renamed , modified, or deleted. These core interactions are:
- Event (used by Events)
- Include in Communication (used by Communications)
- Membership (used by Membership)
- Payment (used by Pledges & Payments)
- Pledge (used by Pledges & Payments)
- Program Enrollment (used by Programs)
- Teacher (used by Programs to identify the contacts that appear in the "Instructor" dropdown)
Modified Payment Interaction Settings
If you rename or delete the "Payment" interaction that ships with Metrix 1.5.0, Metrix will display an "Invalid use of null" error when opening the Pledges and Payments form because it can't find the "Payment" interaction definition ID.
Fixing Modified Payment Interaction Settings
If you are encountering a similar problem, use either of the following options to rectify it:
- If the interaction has been renamed, simply change the interaction title back to "Payment".
- If the interaction has been deleted, you'll have to re-create the interaction with the following specifications:
- Title: Payment
- Module: CES
- Category 1: Fundraising
- Category 2: Payment
- Category 3: Payment
- Tables to Use: "Metrix Interactions" and "Payments"
- Display the following columns:
- Metrix Interactions: "Add Date" and "AddBy"
- Payments: Any field - at least one must be selected
Figure: Default "Payment" Interaction Settings