If your references are not set correctly, you may encounter errors. See the List of Metrix References to determine whether all required references have been set.
Setting references to the server files
The Metrix front-end (Metrix.adp) needs to have references to the server files, interactsql.adp and reportsql.adp. If the server files have been moved or replaced, you'll get a message similar to 'Your Metrix version contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'NameHere,'' where NameHere is reportsql.adp or interactsql.adp.
To manually set these references
- Launch Metrix using the Shift-Bypass technique.
Please note that only administrators can use the shift-bypass technique.
- Press and hold Ctrl key and press the G key.
- From the Tools menu, select References.
Figure: Setting the references to the server files
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the server files (default path is C:\Program Files\fcny\Metrix\Server).
- Select All Files from the Files of Type: drop-down list.
Figure: Viewing all files types
- Select interactsql.adp and click OK.
- Repeat for reportsql.adp.
- Save and close the window and close Metrix
- Open Metrix. No message is displayed.